Allow new trial activation

I need to test trial activations on my machine. The issue is that my original trial activation has expired.

I deleted the Trial Activation from the Cryptlex dashboard thinking this would erase data related to the trial activation, but the trial is still registering as expired.

How do I reset a trial activation for a particular computer? I’d like all the data for the computer to disappear to mimic a new installation for a new user.

Thanks.

Hi @Karen

Thank you for reaching out!

After deleting the trial activation from the admin portal, you will also need to delete it locally by using the Reset() function.

Thank you @AneesKhan - I used Reset(); and then called IsTrialGenuine(); but I get 1 (LA_FAIL) as a response.

Edited - if I then call ActivateTrial(); I get 92 (LA_E_CLIENT) as a response.

Hi @Karen

Could you please confirm the version of LexActivator you are currently using? We recommend using the latest version.

Please note that the Reset() function is intended for development testing only.

As an alternative, you can manually remove the local file. For guidance on locating this file, please refer to the following link: Where Does Cryptlex Store Data Locally?.

Thank you. C++ libraries that I downloaded extracted with the folder name: LexActivator-Static-Win-VC14

I’m on Windows and I searched for csetz on my computer, but didn’t find anything.

Yes, I’m just using Reset() for development (testing) purposes only.

On Windows, the data is stored in registry key: SOFTWARE\CLASSES\csetz

If it has been deleted already, Please confirm if you are able to make a new trial activation now.

A thanks. I just found and deleted the registry key, but I’m still getting LA_E_CLIENT

Hi @Karen

Could you please help knowing the version of LexActivator you are currently using?

Hi @Karen,

This error typically occurs why you pass a non-utf-8 character in any of the Settter functions. So I would suggest you check the LexActivator.Set… functions and see for any non-utf-8 chatacter.