User away for periods of time needs to re-enter key

Hello,

I have a user who travels regularly, typically 4 days at time. During those times, the computer with the license is turned off. Every two weeks he need to re-enter his license key.

What license key property can I adjust so the user does not have to re-enter the key every two weeks.

Kind regards,
Mitch

PS. Keep up the great work guys!

Hi Mitch,

Can you please share some of the license details such as the license type, server sync interval and server sync grace period for this license?

Regards,
Ahmad.

Hi Ahmad,

Yes, it is a node-locked license using default values:
SERVER SYNC INTERVAL:3600
SERVER SYNC GRACE PERIOD:345600

Kind regards,
Mitch

Hi Mitch,

You share the error code (exception) returned by IsLicenseGenuine() function, so that we can guide you in this case.

Hi Adnan,

I will get back to you when it fails again. The user needed to install a version of the plugin that has logging turned on.

Kind regards,
Mitch

Hi Adnan,

The error code returned is 1 for isLicenseGenuine(). The customer’s note. The product that is licensed is an audio convolver which uses FIR filters:

Yesterday there was a power failure. The computer has internet access and I cannot load any filters. Activation does not work either.

The convolver runs on a dedicated machine used as an appliance. I normally disconnect all WAN connections to minimize the Windows Updates disruptions.

IS there a way to make the license permanent, at least on my dedicated convolver and the other backup machine? So they could remain completely OFF the internet?

Thoughts?

Kind regards,
Mitch

Hi Mitch,

LexActivator needs internet connection only at the license of license activation. You server sync grace period is very low (4 days). Set this to 0 to allow infinite grace period so machines can stay offline. Server sync will still happen when internet is available.

1 Like

Hi Adnan,

Thank you!

Wrt the default value to used for server sync grace period, what is a typical default value?

Kind regards,
Mitch

Hi Mithc,

I would recommend 30 days for grace period. You can set that in the license policy.

Regards,
Adnan

1 Like

Thanks Adnan, much appreciated!