Triggering licensing init/check on under certain conditions?

I am planning to use LexActivator (C++). I have the following licensing use case and wondering if it is supported.

I wish to allow customers to freely use a software I am developing until a certain condition (not time based). The condition is generally around the number of object instances they are creating. When the limit is reach, I will then perform the LexActivator initialization and checks.

Is the above usecase achievable ?

Is there some pseudo code or something similar of the above I can learn from ?

I wrote a small LexActivator example and noted that a a high level, there are the initialisation section i.e. SetProductFile/SetProductData/SetProductId/SetAppVersion, following the initialisation is the first call IsLicenseGenuine()

So I am thinking that for the free usage, I will still call the Set*() functions as part of initialisation() and when my object instance count reaches the limit, I will start calling the IsLicenseGenuine() and other functions e.g. GetLicenseExpiryDate()

Am I on the right track ?

Kind regards

Hi Nicholas,

Anything that is stored locally can get misused by reinstalling the app unless the info is not stored on the server side. Assuming that your users have internet access all the time while using your application, you can make use of meter attributes and keep track of the number of instances they are creating. On every instance creation you will increment the meter attribute and once the limit is reached you can charge them to use more or whatever way you like. But all of this requires you to activate the license.

Please use SetReleaseVersion() instead of SetAppVersion() as the later one is deprecated now.

IsLicenseGenuine() is responsible for periodic server syncs which update the license information on the client end so it needs to be called at the start of the application.

I would also recommend you to go through our feature management to see if that fits your use case.

Regards,
Ahmad.