Specify LexFloatServer log location in absolute path

Hi,

Is it possible to specify LexFloatServer log location in absolute path? When I tried last time via Lexfloat.config, it didn’t work.

The reason is, the LexFloatServer will be installed under Program Files by our installer, so the log should be placed somewhere else.
We want to specify the location like this “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Capella\FloatingServer\float_server_8090.log”

(It would be nice to auto-create the folder if it does not exist)

Please consider to support

Hi,

Will fix it in the next release.

Thanks! When would be the next release?

It seems some typo got into the config file, instead of logfile it is actually logfilepath

If the folder doesn’t exist, you need to create it in your installer or app.

It seems some typo got into the config file, instead of logfile it is actually logfilepath

That means, v2.5.1 will create a log in specified folder with specified name?

If the folder doesn’t exist, you need to create it in your installer or app.

Usually I will do so, but since Floating License Server is a service, no other app may be installed on that machine (because it is not a client machine)
Also, even if the folder is created by our installer, the folder can be deleted manually by users after that.
So, the safest approach would be checking the folder existency from the Floating License service, and recreate the folder, I believe.

That means, v2.5.1 will create a log in specified folder with specified name?

Yes, instead of logfile use logfilepath in the lexfloat.config file.

The best place to create server logs for a service running with admin rights is C:/ProgramData/ folder.

Also, even if the folder is created by our installer, the folder can be deleted manually by users after that.

Server logs are meant for users, so ideally they won’t delete it intentionally. C:/ProgramData/ is a safe location if you target Windows Vista and above. This folder won’t be deleted. You can create any subfolder inside that folder too.