Offline Activation for On-premise Floating Server still goes into GracePeriod

In On-premise Floating Server V2, we can set -graceperiod=0 and -servercheckinterval=0 along with -oresponse to use On-premise Floating Server activated as offline usecase (no server sync or grace period happens)

However, In On-premise Floating Server V4, it does not have -graceperiod=0 and -servercheckinterval=0 options according to command line help. Also, if I activated using -offlinerequest, looks like server sync and grace period is still honored (seemingly using GracePeriod settings of a license key specified through Cryptlex portal)

Since the purpose of offline activation is using without network connection, when On-premise Floating Server is activated offline, I believe it should disable grace period and server sync automatically (or at least it should be able to do programatically [similar to Cryptlex V2])

Please let me know how I can activate On-premise Floating Server V4 for offline activation use case properly.

1 Like

Hi Aki,

You can set these options in the license itself.

HI Adnan

Thanks a lot for your reply.
So, in Cryptlex v3, we can only specify those params (server sync/grace period) from the license itself, and there’s no way to override programatically? And, it applies to both of node-locked license and On-premise floating server license?

That implies that, in Cryptlex v3, in order to do offline activation, we need to one of following. Is my understanding correct?:

• before we issue a license, we need to know if it will be used for online or offline activation and adjust those params accordingly
  • after receiving offline activation request file, adjust those params and generate offline activation response file.

I think in Cryptlex v2, offline activation workflow was simpler since we were able to override those params programtically.

Please let me know.

1 Like

Hi Aki,

Your understanding is correct and it can only be configured server side. Allowing these properties client side has a security issue.

In case of node-locked license, you can use IsLicenseValiid() function instead of IsLicenseGenuine() for complete offline scenarios, as no server sync occurs in case of IsLicenseValid() function.

In case of node-locked license, you can use IsLicenseValiid() function instead of IsLicenseGenuine() for complete offline scenarios, as no server sync occurs in case of IsLicenseValid() function.

Thank you very much for your reply.
For node-locked license, apparently grace period over still happen even when IsLicenseValiid is used instead of IsLicenseGenuine.

What I tested is, set server sync grace period to 1 day, and activated using offline activation response file. Then disconnect network cable and keep just calling IsLicenseValiid once in a while. After 1 day passed, IsLicenseValiid returned grace period over (22).

You sounded like I should not get Grace Period over in this case…

Please let me know how to avoid grace period over even when server sync grace period is NOT set to 0.

LexActivator version is 3.10.2

The info shared in the previous post related to the behaviour of IsLicenseValid() function was invalid.

In order to implement your usecase, create an activation metadata field named (say) “is_offline” and set its value to true/yes before generating the offline activation request.

Afterwards if IsLicenseGenuine() function returns LA_GRACE_PERIOD_OVER status code (which is a success code) check the value of activation metadata field “is_offline”. If it’s value is true/yes then treat LA_GRACE_PERIOD_OVER as LA_OK code.