Linux Qt sample for v3?

I’m trying to link LexActivator V3 with a Linux application in Qt and getting the following:
nss.c;(.text+0xdf): undefined reference to `PK11_CreateDigestContext’

Also missing references to SSL_ImportFD (and others with SSL prefix), CERT_, and PR_, and so on. I can tell I’m missing a library, but I’m an utter novice with Linux and could really use some help.

Hi,

Are you linking to the Lexactivator library statically or dynamically?

Which Linux distribution are you using for compilation of your code?

Static linking, Ubuntu 14 (though thinking of coming up to something more recent)

You need to install libnss3, execute following command in terminal:

sudo apt-get install libnss3

Add following to your .pro file

unix:!macx:LIBS += -lrt -lssl3

Ensure you add this as dependency to your Linux packages.

The first part I can do. When you say “add this as a dependency” do you mean when deploying, or at build time?

Will have to wait for tomorrow - time for bed here.

The machine which you use for compilation (building) you need to execute following command

sudo apt-get install libnss3-dev

And the machine where you deploy your application you need to add libnss3 as dependency either by ensuring your customers execute following command:

sudo apt-get install libnss3

or adding it as dependency in your packages which you distribute to your customers.

Closer - now I get only this error:
/usr/bin/ld: /home/username/JLaser/extern/lexactivator/unix-64/libLexActivator.a(libcurl_la-nss.o): undefined reference to symbol ‘CERT_GetDefaultCertDB@@NSS_3.2
//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss3.so: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Never mind, I figured out the remaining missing libs (-lrt -lssl3 -lnss3 -lnspr4)

Following is the list of all libs needed if compiling statically:

-lpthread -lssl3 -lnss3 -lnspr4

-lrt is only required if targeting older gcc compiler