License keys for testing

We embedded cryptlex libraries in our code and everything seems working. As a next step, we need to include this code in our testing process and I wonder if you have any special license keys for testing. In particular, I would like to test for conditions like “license expired”, “license key invalid”, “license key is already activated”, “key deactivation succeded”, “number of ativations/deactivations exceeded”, etc. So, do you have any “magic” key numbers that would always produce these conditions?

Hi,

We don’t have any test keys, as they are linked to version guids.

You can create a test version with with license validity of say 2 days, try using any invalid key, activate the key and try for activation etc.

Can I make a feature request for this? This is required for automated testing in our CI/CD flows. We run these flows several times a day and manually generating licenses and waiting for expiry is not an option.

Hi,

This seems like a valid use-case, we have added this to our TODOS list. Will keep you posted.

Hi Dmitry,

Do you want these magic keys to work irrespective of what the product id is?

You can create a test product, add some license keys with validity 0 and some positive number, some with 1 allowed activation and some with more. Then use this set for testing. Once the key expires you don’t have to wait again, as expired key can be used again and again for testing.

Ideally, I would want them to be independent of product ID. The problem with the approach you suggested is that GUID of the product need to be compiled into the code, so we would need to recompile code with a different product ID after testing or build several versions.