LexActivator c++ blocks

Hi,

I have seen how it happens too often that I run my app but it gets frozen due to LexActivator. I don’t know if it is trying to connect to the server of what. It can happen for hours and then at some point it works again. This is quite worrying as the app remains unusable meanwhile.
Is that something you are working on? Is there anything I can do?

Hi Jaunjo,

In LexActivator there are only two blocking functions (since they send a network request) one is ActivateLicense() and the second one is ActivateTrial(). Either of these is used only at the time of activation which is done only once.

Also, the average response time of our servers is 300ms and the network request timeout in LexActivator is 30sec (meaning that if the server does not respond within 30 sec its returns a network error).

Also, we recommend adding time before and after LexActivator functions so you can know for sure what is taking the time.

Well, I don’t know what is going on, but sometimes the application gets blocked at the moment of executing the LexActivator part, and when it happens it can happen for hours every time I try. If I run another version of my software that doesn’t include LexActivator that doesn’t happen. Could it have something to do with the fact that I was executing at the same time another instance of the software? But it doesn’t happen every time that I am running another instance.

Hi Juanjo,

In order to know which LexActivator function is causing this much delay, you can add time function before and after LexActivator functions.