Is there any way to know if the Floating Server is activated or not?

For user’s convenience, before uninstalling Floating Server (we created our own installer for user’s convenience), I’d like to show warning if Floating Server is activated.

Is there any way to know if the Floating Server is activated? Or, we should treat if the service is running, it is already activated?

Also, what will happen if there’re 2 activation keys, and do following:
LexFloatServer -a -pkey=(first key)
LexFloatServer -a -pkey=(second key)

In this case, the first key will be deactivated automatically before the second key is activated?
Please let me know.

Is there any way to know if the Floating Server is activated? Or, we should treat if the service is running, it is already activated?

Whether the service is running or uninstalled Lexfloatserver can still be activated. To be on a safer side you can always deactivate before activating the server.

LexFloatServer -d

LexFloatServer -d

LexFloatServer -a -pkey=(second key)

Before deactivating make sure you have uninstalled the server. so it can even be:

LexFloatServer -u

LexFloatServer -d

LexFloatServer -i

Got it… do you guys have a document telling such best practice somewhere in Cryptlex site?
That would be a important information which everyone should know.

Actually, your suggested way does not work perfectly.

Because. if always deactivating before activating, means it will always consume one deactivation count even if user just wants to re-activate (activate again without deactivation) to make server sync happens right away. Deactivation count is important to control how many times user can move to another machine.

If I can obtain currently activated Product Key, I can avoid deactivation in case of reactivation, but current LexFloatServer API set does not allow to do so…

Can you add GetProductKey method to LexFloatServer as well?

We can add an option to show the current activation status, like is activated, expiry date etc.

It still doesn’t work with re-activation case.

There’re two cases:

1. Activation with key 1 -> deactivate with key 1 -> activate with key 2
  2. Activation with key 1 -> re-activate with key 1 (without deactivation to avoid consuming deactivation count)

Knowning current activation status only works with the case 1.
For the case, we need to know what’s current activated key.

So, knowing current activation key via API is needed for case 2.

The status will contain the product key which was used to activate the server. A sample response could be:

LexFloatServer -status

IsActivated: true
ProductKey: xxxx or empty if not activated
DaysLeftToExpiration: 60
ExtraActivationData: some data

Server may be uninstalled so adding that info to web api is of no use.

Sounds good! That will work. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your consideration.