In following case, what is the correct way to unlease all leased licenses?
- There’re 2 floating servers (server X and Y) on the network
- There’s 1 floating client (client A) on the network
- Client A is leased a license from Server X
- At some point Server X is disconnected from the network
- So, now we changed Client A to use Server Y instead of Server X
- Before start using Server Y, Client A tries to drop the license from Server X, but since Server X is not connected to the network, Client A cannot drop the license.
In this case, if Client A change its configuration to use Server Y, Client A will keep two of licenses leased (one from Server X and the other one from Server Y)
When Server X is connected back to the network, I believe Server X will lease the license to Client A, as Client A did not drop license before changing Server Y.
So, to avoid such case, somehow I want to flush all internal leased license inside of Client A, before changing its configuration to Server Y. So, once Server X unleased the license upon leasing time ends, the license will not be leased back to Client A anymore.
I believe GlobalClenaUp will not clean up leased license.
Should I close the process once and restart to clean up all leased licenses?
What would be a proper way to clean up leased license info in such case.
Please let me know.