How hardware upgrade can affect activation?

I would like to understand what hardware upgrade performed by my clients can break their activation of my software. When user activate the product it is then binded to his/her machine… thats ok. The question is: When machine is starting to be treated as different? For example: if user will change video card… or increase RAM capacity… or change HDD/SSD… or even whole motherboard. In which case my app will stop working for them, asking for activation?

If this problem is already explained in some docs, direct me to there, please… I just haven’t found such an explanation yet.

Hi,

The fingerprint is generated using the identifiers of various hardware components like cpu, motherboard, RAM etc.

We use a fuzzy matching algo to allow for some hardware changes not to cause the machine to be treated differently, but sometimes it will be depending on the type of hardware change.

When this happens you have to to deactivate the activation form the dashboard. In case the customer lied, the old activation will automatically get removed from user PC after server sync.