How can I stop trial abusers?

Hello!
I suspect someone is abusing my product’s 14-day free trial. I see multiple trial activations from the same city with similar machine names. How can I stop such behavior?
By the way, I found one action I can do with trial activations - delete it. What happens on the user’s end when I delete a trial activation?
Thanks!

Hi,

It seems that your customer is activating your application inside a Virtual Machine and frequently changing the fingerprint of the VM by changing some hardware details of the VM which makes it appear as a new machine and hence new activation. You can try blocking the IP of that machine.

When you delete the trial activation from the dashboard nothing happens on the user end as the IsTrialGenuine() validates the trial locally, but if you call ActivateTrial() you can create a brand new trial activation for that machine.

Regards,
Ahmad.

Thank you Ahmad!

How can I block the IP of that machine?
I have the impression that Cryptlex doesn’t support virtual machine. Am I wrong? (I use LexActivator 3.18)
By the way, I wonder how you figured out the customer is using a virtual machine - did you draw the conclusion by accessing my account records or just from my description?

In order to block the IP address, you can add disallowed IP addresses to the trial policy. Also, while creating a trial policy you get an option for allowing VM activation. So cryptlex offers you both the options.

By the way, I wonder how you figured out the customer is using a virtual machine - did you draw the conclusion by accessing my account records or just from my description?

Creating multiple trial activation from a single machine is only possible when the fingerprint of that machine is changed and it is very rare that the user might be changing the system hardware that frequently(assuming that there are multiple (many) trial activations with similar machine names). So this made me assume that the user might be using your application inside a VM and changing the VM hardware details.

Thank you, Ahmad! I will change my trial policy then.