Full Offline Deactivation+Activation (grace off)

Dear All!

I want to ask for an expert opinion about floating server reactivation.
By reactivation, I mean, fully offline deactivation, and then fully offline activation, with maybe a change in associated floatable client count.

I might be wrong, so please correct me if I’m mistaken, but the steps required are the following.
Also added some options to the command line to not mess up after grace is over.
Also, I tried to always include commandline args if needed:

1. DEACTIVATE FLOAT SERVER + GENERATE DEACTIVATION REQUEST
    Enter command on float server machine
    X:\Lexfloat>LexFloatServer.exe -d -orequest=X:\Lexfloat\sampleDeactivationRequest.dat

2. SEND THE DEACTIVATION REQUEST TO THE LICENSER PERSON
    Send the generated request file for deactivation (“sampleDeactivationRequest.dat”) via mail etc to the licenser person. Licenser registers a deactivation to Cryptlex via the acquired offline deactivate request.

3. REQUEST NEW ACTIVATION
    X:\Lexfloat>LexFloatServer.exe -g -pkey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX -orequest=X:\Lexfloat\sampleActivationRequest.dat

4. SEND THE ACTIVATION REQUEST TO THE LICENSER PERSON
    Send the generated request file (“sampleActivationRequest.dat”) to the licenser person.

5. LICENSER PERSON SENDS BACK THE ACTIVATION RESPONSE
    Licenser sends back a response file. In this example, it was “sampleActivationResponse.dat”

6. ACTIVATE FLOAT SERVER
    X:\Lexfloat>LexFloatServer.exe -a -pkey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX -pfile=X:\Lexfloat\Product.dat -config=X:\Lexfloat\cfg\LexFloat.config -oresponse=X:\Lexfloat\sampleActivationResponse.dat –graceperiod=0 -servercheckinterval=0

Is this the correct way for a full offline reactivation cycle?

Thank you for your response!

Best regards,
Csaba
(And also happy holidays in advance!)

Hi,

It seems you are using an old version of LexFloatServer. We recommend upgrading to v4.0.0.

The steps you have mentioned are absolutely correct.

Hi,

Thank you for the extremely fast response!
It’s good to know, that the guardian angels are busy even in the holiday season!

Best regards,
Csaba

P.S.: We have the upgrade in the plans, but we are still evaluating, and an upgrade would likely result in evaluation on end user side too.