Could you please have a look at the following issue. We have a float server instance v3.0.3 and a valid key with the “Loose” fingerprint validation strategy. Float server is activated on a VM with the key and was working as expected for some time, but at some moment it started failing leasing a license seat with the following output in the log:
- [2019-08-28, 10:25:23] Info: License Refreshed: 10.0.128.71
- [2019-08-28, 10:26:02] Info: License Drop Request from: 10.0.128.71
- [2019-08-28, 10:26:02] Info: License Dropped: 10.0.128.71
- [2019-08-28, 10:26:02] Info: Total Leased Licenses: 0
- [2019-08-28, 14:36:25] Error: License not activated! Please activate the license using a license key.
- [2019-08-28, 14:36:25] Error code: 58
- [2019-08-28, 14:36:26] Error: Total license count not available
Look at the lines 4-5, where the server transit from working to failing state.
When we faced this for the first time, we just reactivated the float server with the same key, and it kept working as usual for a while. But in a few months it happened again. Now we have at least 4 client complaints during the past 9 months regarding the issue.
The only clue we have at the moment is that looking through the timeline, some of the server failure dates match up with scheduled Security patching (which would likely trigger a reboot).
For the last year, Server patching would have occurred for this server on:
You can find the float server logfile here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4zrebbuof1lz55/float_server_05.04.2020.log?dl=0
Could you pls. help us find and resolve the cause of the issue?