Disabling Server Sync for Node-Locked Licenses

Hi

Is there a way to disable automatic server syncs for node-locked licenses?

As far as I can tell, once the client program calls IsLicenseGenuine for the first time, a background process is started that then automatically keeps syncing with the server after the specified server sync interval. I understand why this might be required for floating or consumption licenses, but why is this necessary for node-locked licenses?

To be honest, I don’t like the idea of a process that I have no control over constantly running in the background while my program is open. I would prefer if server syncs only occurred when I call for them, and that background processes are closed thereafter.

Is there a way to stop the sync process from constantly running in the background for node-locked licenses?

Thanks

Hi @deonvn,

In case you completely want to ignore the server syncs you can use IsLicenseValid() function instead of IsLicenseGenuine(). Both functions share a similarity in their purpose, but IsLicenseValid() exclusively conducts local validation of the activation without initiating any server synchronization.

In case you plan to utilize IsLicenseValid(), server sync won’t occur and we also do not offer any separate function to specifically cause server sync. Utilization of IsLicenseValid() is recommended for purely offline node-locked licenses.

In case your customers are connected to the internet occasionally, you can use IsLicenseGeniune() and set the Server Sync Grace Period to allow a certain grace period during which they can run the application offline. Additionally, you can set a large value for the Server Sync Interval.

We would appreciate it if you could elaborate more on why you don’t want the server sync to happen for node-locked licenses.

Hi @ahmad-kemsan

Thanks for the information.

It’s not so much that I don’t want the server sync to happen for node-locked licenses, but rather that I only want it to happen once (when the program is first opened for example). Once I have checked that the node-locked license is still valid, I don’t necessarily want the server to then repeatedly sync again every “x” number of seconds while the program is open, without me having told it to do so. I understand that I can set the server sync interval to a large number, but will that not simply mean that the sync process will just sit in the background waiting for the server sync interval to come around again?

Let me ask you this:

If I set the server sync interval to 3600 and then open my program and call IsLicenseGenuine to sync with the server and check the license at startup, is there a LexActivator process or thread that is then going to be running in the background waiting for the 3600 seconds to go by so it can automatically perform another sync after an hour?

Yes, when the IsLicenseGenuine() function is invoked, after verifying locally, it schedules a server check in a separate thread. After the first server sync, it periodically does further syncs at a frequency set for the license. There is no option as of now to stop the further server syncs.