Activations fail with "ACTIVATION_LIMIT_REACHED"


#1

I’m using the Web API to activate licenses, but it always fails with the error “Activation failed!” and the error code “ACTIVATION_LIMIT_REACHED”

It happens regardless of the license I try to activate (they all have room for activations). I’m developing against a free Cryptlex account which should have room for 10 concurrent activations, but at present there are 0 activations across all licenses. Is there a total lifetime activation limit per account?

I thought the API might be reporting the wrong error code. The activation request is here:

{
    "key": "<license key>",
    "metadata": [],
    "os": "linux",
    "fingerprint": "c793d502401dfd28a74d38af2507a9660d553038ccf6f3cadbcf1c69f5d5dcdc",
    "hostname": "archlinux",
    "appVersion": "DEVELOPMENT.GOGET",
    "userHash": "058c91ead7d6882321e2cda5f7dee44263670ca2e144ebf8c4fcd8ac395f624a",
    "productId": "a6ec15de-49a6-4f9a-9625-5121a35167c1"
}

It doesn’t seem like there’s any problem with the request and it worked previously - the error started without any changes being made to this request


#2

Hi,

This error can only occur when you have consumed 10 activations. Please check all your licenses once again for used activations.


#3

I managed to stop the error - I had all 10 licenses created, but 0 activations for all of them. I removed one of the licenses and activations began working again. I suspect there is a bug in the API


#4

Did you check the used activation count through table of licenses or individually checking each license. Maybe the dashboard table had outdated data being displayed.


#5

I checked in the dashboard, the list of licenses, and on each license - I also verified that the license I deleted had 0 activations before removing it.

Deleting every activation was a last resort as well - there used to be 3 or 4 of them, but we deleted them one at a time and tried again, with no luck. Even if there were outdated information on the page, surely deleting an activation would immediately free up a slot (as it has in the past when we ran into the limit accidentally)

Deleting a license that had never been activated or deactivated did stop the error from occurring though - which lowered our license count from 10 to 9