ActivateTrial() creates a new trial on the same machine

Hi,

I am not sure if this ActivateTrial() call is supposed to be, I thought calling the ActivateTrial() on the same machine, as long as the hardware has not been changed, should not start a new trial what’s so ever.

Here is a screenshot from the dashboard that shows my same machine starting a new trial.

My initial intent is to try to extend the first trial from the dashboard, and at the user end it calls ActivateTrial() to get an updated expiration date. If the ActivateTrial() isn’t what I should call it, then what is the right way to get the new updated expiration date on the user’s machine?

Thanks in advance!

I guess what is not clear to me is how ActivateTrial() determines if it is on an existing machine or a new machine. Calling ActivateTrial() within a couple of hours in the morning seems doesn’t create a new trial, but when I tried to call it again in the afternoon, it adds a new trial with a different trial ID. I think this might be a bug.

Hi,

There is a limitation in trials related to fingerprint matching. On the client, it honours the fingerprinting strategy (fuzzy, exact etc.) but on the server side, the match is always exact in case of trials. So a small change in hardware config can result in a new trial activation. We will try to improve this behaviour in future.

1 Like

Hi @adnan-kamili just following up on this issue. Are there any updates on this?

Hi,

We are working on a new flow. Will keep you posted.

1 Like