Find usage base license with meter attributes

Hello,
Is there any way to check if the license was activated then how to get usage base license details with help of meter attributes?

I didn’t see anything when I used IncrementActivationMeterAttributeUses() method of LexActivator. I can see count has been increased but it does not reflect in my dashboard count on meter attribute of total uses count.

Thanks,
Manish

Hello Manish,

Did you check the activation page of the license?

Hi Adnan,

I have the same question. I have been playing with on-premise hosted licensing option. I have created a license with some meter attributes.

In my application, I am incrementing the meter attribute usage by calling LexFloatClient.IncrementFloatingClientMeterAttributeUses() method. This seems to work in the application, calling GetHostLicenseMeterAttribute() does indicate that TotalUses property for the license is getting incremented.

However, I cannot see the count getting updated in the dashboard or the license activation page. Infact, license activation page does not show any metadata or meter attributes at all.

Am I looking at the wrong place?

Hi Pal,

The data will appear in dashboard only in case of node-locked and hosted-floating licenses. In the case of LexFloatServer you can see that data in LexFloatServer itself.

We do have plans to sync this info with Cloud hosted server in the coming months in case internet is available. But LexFloatServer is usually used when internet is not available otherwise you should use hostedd-floating license.

Thanks for the information Adnan.

Hi Adnan,

Another quick question about LexFloatServer. You mentioned that LexFloatServer is suitable for places where internet is not available.

Let’s say I activated a LexFloatServer offline and then I revoke/suspend the license from the dashboard. Does that mean that applications will still be able to lease licenses from LexFloatServer till the time it is deactivated?

Yes, LexFloatServer keeps on polling the Cryptlex server for the license status, if no internet is available then it won’t be able to get the latest status of the license.

You can use grace period in this case, which forces your customer to make sure server sync occurs atleast once during the grace period (by enabling internet connection), else the server will stop leasing the licenses.

Thanks for the reply.